runMan runMan

Lol

Experimenting with portamento and electronics? This would probably be more at home in the electronic section. The orchestration is thin, and kind of scattered sounding. The melody isn't bad.

Creature at the Mill Creature at the Mill

Congradulations!

I'm not really into this kind of thematic music, but it's good for what it won for!

Butterfly Voice in E major Butterfly Voice in E major

Wow...

The only thing that BWolf says that I agree with is that you need to listen to more Copland! LOL 5YMPH0NY 3 I5 TEH H4X0RZ!!! Oh, and 80% of Williams' melodies are ripped off (but I still like him).
This piece sounds a little... lonely... all alone, especially since it's so short. It would work well as part of a set. You should make more dedicatory pieces to go with this. It's pretty though.

C#Maj C#Maj

Thin...

The melody is too pseudo-baroque/early classical. It needs more variance in the modes and the chord progressions you use , as well as the orchestration. The melody is mostly in upper registers and mid-range, and the counter-point in the bass isn't strong enough to support it. Also, check the chord at 0:30. Moving block chords aren't usually a good idea unless they are spread out in the bass parts (10ths with tonic as bass work real nice!).

Rage of the Champions Rage of the Champions

OMG!

OMG, t1s s0 b3long5 in LOTR lol lol

Seriously, between you and Edgen, it's getting old. The melodies are tired and recycled, the percussion is way over utilized, and the secondary melody in the strings is winding without any purpose. Sooner or later, someone's just going to make a Flash game that makes "original" music of this style.

MaestroRage responds:

I realize it's not that original, and it's not that diverse, but keep in mind here that this is a loop for a GAME. A game entails that the player is to pay attention to what's going on in the game, and the music must be built in a way that it does not get mad tiring to listen to quickly. Very diverse and constantly shifting music tires out the ear and melody much faster then ambient oriented pieces.

So to say that this piece has no definite direction would be an accurate statement, I disagree with you on the percussion. I feel that it's chaotic structure helps provoke a more tribal and raw energy. I suppose you didn't get that, to each his own.

As for that flash, I quite look forward to it, from what i've heard from you I don't now how you would tackle a high energy piece, so I can't comment, but if you're going to go so far as to say that to me, at least have the decency to show me exactly how to make something thats not "tired" and "recycled". If you are incapable of doing that, don't start talking in such a hostile manner. As far as i'm concerned, you have no credibility to your words, and your review is worthless to me.

Thank you for the review however, and for your time.

These Wings These Wings

Cool

That was great! 5/5. Just too short. Maybe for the end the piano should end and the strings should do a reprise using a chord progression from the beginning. If you want to make it longer or can't think of a better end, I think that would be good. It was also disappointing how you stopped using the layered suss/resolve tones in the end. Anyway, it was cool.